Startup Front-End Architect / Engineer
- Identify trade-offs between performance, maintainability, and scalability in architectures
- Ensure quality code through Unit and Integration testing
- Rapidly iterate on features and functionality
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies and research plausible alternatives as needed
- Own our Node.js code base and produce pixel perfect interfaces matching our detailed design specs
Apply if you are:
- Team-Oriented: Experienced working with back-end developers, front-end developers, product managers, and designers
- Passionate: Love to learn new technologies and architect unique software solutions which our customers will love to use
- Fast Paced: Thrive in fast paced environments, and strive to make a significant impact
- Flexible: Possess many hats, and love to wear them all
- Awesome: You have good taste (beer, coffee, music to name a few) think you can beat us on our game set-up: get the high score in Donkey Kong, win a game of bags, or hit a couple bullseyes in darts
What our Engineering Team uses:
- Macbook Pros or Linux workstations, 30” monitors, keyboard/mouse of your choice.
- Windows Server 2012, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- AWS, Chef, TeamCity
- git, gitolite
- Visual Studio, IntelliJ, vi (use whatever editor makes you most productive)
- C#, SQL Server 2012, Thrift
- React.js, Node.js
Why you should work for us:
- Our founder, Pat Ryan Jr., has started 2 other successful companies, MAX Digital, which was named the #1 fastest-growing software company in the US by Inc. Magazine’s 2014 Inc. 500 rankings – the highest ranking ever by a Chicago company.
- We are incubated within INCISENT Labs and have significant seed funding.
- Our unique financial position allows us to stay focused on creating a great product while enjoying corporate benefits and perks, without the distractions of raising capital.
- We host a monthly event at 1871, called Chicago Founder Stories, where Pat interviews great founders such as Jason Fried from 37 Signals and the Founders of Braintree, GrubHub, SIRI and OpenTable.
- Elite team of nine – get in at the ground level!
- Competitive salary and potential for equity
- Medical and Dental insurance
- 401k plan
- dinner and a cab home on late nights
- snacks galore
- working with a great team on a great product
Please send your resume and any questions to email@example.com.
Project Selfridge: Site – www.ProjectSelfridge.com, Twitter – @incisentlabs
Pat Ryan: Blog – www.CoolerbytheLake.com, Twitter – @PatRyanChicago
Contact: Alex Lumley, firstname.lastname@example.org